Imports from Live Blog

Tuesday 29 January 2008

The I'm Initiative - Can't Believe This Hasn't Been More Public!

Microsoft! What are you doing?! I have just found this site by accident! This is an EXCELLENT initiative!

The I'm Initiative basically consists of people adding a special code to their personal message on Live Messenger. Every time they then open a chat window with a friend/colleague, Microsoft will then make a small donation to the charity selected.

Here's what it says on the site:

Each time you start a conversation with Windows Live Messenger, Microsoft will make a contribution to your preferred organization. (Bonus: there’s no cap to how much Microsoft is willing to give. Seriously, the sky’s the limit.) And all your friends get to see the cause you choose.

Instructions are given on the site (it's dead easy). And once updated, you get a little image  next to your name. Having seen this I do remember seeing it on a couple of contacts previously, but I was not curious as to what it was (just thought it was some Live Messenger addon!).

Sadly, there are not any British charities/organisations on there at the moment, so I cannot support something on my home turf, however I opted to support the American Red Cross, since I know they certainly do a great deal (not suggesting the other charities do nothing).

Sadly, the initiative is not open to anywhere but the United States at the moment, so I cannot participate =(

My main worry is that I found the site by accident, why hasn't this been made more public?!

No comments: