Imports from Live Blog

Sunday 30 March 2008

Now Digging, Feeding my Friends and a Facebook App Worth Installing!

OK, just a quick update that serves two purposes:

  1. I've signed up to a couple of new services. And I installed a Facebook application! I can't remember the last time I did that!
  2. I am testing a new Live Writer plug in :)

OK, in an effort to try and organise myself a bit better online, I have finally signed up to the two following services/sites:

digg (http://www.digg.com)
I think digg is a great idea, and since I spend so much time checking out blog posts, I kind of owe it to digg them more, and hopefully one day get some digg's myself :)

Digg also serves as a great hub for finding new content.

FriendFeed (http://friendfeed.com)
Another fantastic site designed to aggregate data from several social networking sources as well as website's. I think key ones here are blogs, twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google Reader. Updates to all of these are then centralised on your personal FriendFeed page. Excellent stuff. Good news is that anyone who is a friend of mine on Facebook doesn't need to check it as you can also add a neat little application to Facebook that broadcasts updates to your news feed and profile. Very, very nicely done!

Special thanks to Loic Le Meur for inspiring me to do it via his blog post!

No comments: