Imports from Live Blog

Sunday 9 March 2008

Speech Recognition and Windows Vista

I am writing this blog post using the speech recognition function of Windows Vista.  Now it is taking some getting used to and I'm having a few problems - but I do not feel this is the speech recognition that is having problems but more that I do not articulate my words well.

One thing I will say (ha) is that I can really see the quality of the speech recognition engine improving as I talk to the machine more.

Points To Note:

  • You can pretty much command everything!  Even in cases where the interface does not recognise commands using tools such as MouseGrid/"show numbers" enables you to overcome this.
  • It's very easy to open supporting documentation for speech recognition by using the " what can I say" command.
  • I think they used a speech recognition will greatly improve from my own vocal skills and strongly recommend others doing the same since we all need to talk!
  • I need a better the quality microphone I am currently using a pretty cheap headset and I feel that it is interfering a lot with speech recognition.

I look forward to doing more use to communicating with the computer and hopefully become a bit more productive!

No comments: